2024 General Guidelines for Conference Submissions
CI & CRC Joint Conference 2024 will provide opportunities to highlight topics relevant to the construction and engineering industry. This year’s theme will focus on, Constructing Connections across Research and Industry. Since COVID-19, the industry has encountered several challenges, some of which could have a lasting impact on how the industry moves forward.
As we are still navigating through these difficult times, the recent passing of the bipartisan infrastructure bill restores hope and brings positive change to the civil engineering industry collectively. The $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, includes unprecedented levels of federal funding for practically all infrastructure sectors. More specifically, the new bill will help generate new demand for construction services, projects, equipment, and materials.
When selecting your session topic, consider how the post-COVID world is evolving and what that means for the construction engineering profession. Additionally, keep an emphasis on the infrastructure bill and how it benefits the industry.
Suggested Conference Topics
- Alternative Project Delivery Methods
- Career Planning and Development
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Construction Data
- Construction Claims
- Construction Contracts
- Construction Engineering Education
- Construction Quality Management
- Digital Project Delivery
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Innovations and Use of New Technologies in Construction
- Management Practices in Construction
- Modular and Prefab Construction
- Project Delivery
- Project Showcase
- Safety & Health
- Temporary Works, Structures, and Demolition
- July 17, 2023 | Preliminary industry session draft deadline
- November 6, 2023 | Final industry session description deadline
Evaluation will be based on a) quality of the research and session topic; b) broad appeal of the topic; c) consistency with the conference theme; and d) questions raised and potential for discussion.
Potential speakers will be notified by August 21, 2023.
How to Submit Session Proposals
Please complete the following form in its entirety and click on the “submit” button below.