CI & CRC Joint Conference 2022
The theme of the CI & CRC Joint Conference is: "Next Generation Construction." The joint conference's technical program will provide insights on the latest research and industry practices that will lead to next generation techniques, technologies, and strategies to meet 21st century challenges.
CRC leads academic, cutting-edge construction research, and the Vecellio Construction Engineering and Management Program (VCEMP) at Virginia Tech (VT) will host the annual Construction Research Congress. The Construction Institute Summit, with its heavy industry component, will facilitate interaction between construction research professionals, contractors, owners, and practitioners. Together, we will share new developments and innovative practices. Network with peers, earn PDHs, and get access to leading research and industry practices.
Conference Steering Committee
- Co-Chair: Dan Becker, M.ASCE, CCM, PMP, CCP, ENV SP, D. Becker Consulting, LLC
- Co-Chair: Michael J. Garvin, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Vecellio Construction Engineering & Management Program, Virginia Tech
- CI Technical Committee:
- Technical Committee Member: Hossein Ataei, Ph.D., M.C.M., M.B.A., P.E., P.Eng., F.ASCE
- CRC Technical Committee:
- Technical Program Co-Chair: Farrokh Jazizadeh, PhD, Virginia Tech
- Technical Program Co-Chair: Tripp Shealy, PhD, Virginia Tech
- LADR Track Chair: Amarjit Singh, P.E., Ph.D., F.ASCE, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Civil Engineering
- LADR Track Editor: Leah A. Rochwarg, Esq., LEED AP, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- LADR Track Editor: Brian J. O'Rourke Jr., P.E., Esq., LEED AP, Verrill Dana LLP
- LADR Track Editor: Mohammed-Asem Abdul Malak, Ph.D., R.Eng, A.M.ASCE, University of Beirut
- LADR Track Editor: Wendy Wendrowski, Esq, A.M.ASCE, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Construction Institute of ASCE
The Construction Institute (CI) is the first national organization designed to meet the needs of all individuals working within the construction industry. CI is fully inclusive, with active membership available to construction industry practitioners from all occupations and educational backgrounds. CI offers individuals and organizations the opportunity to network with other professionals, sharpen skills and shape the future of the industry by participating in technical activities, conferences and the development of internationally recognized standards.
Vecellio Construction Engineering and Management Program at Virginia Tech
The Vecellio Construction Engineering & Management Program (VCEMP) is one of five program areas in the Via Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Virginia Tech. The program was established in 1986, and its faculty and students are focused on research and education to enhance the development and management of the built environment. The Vecellio Family Foundation endowed the program in 2001, making it one of the first to receive such a gift in the United States. This endowment has funded 82 undergraduate scholarships and 25 graduate fellowships, and it has supported 19 annual distinguished lectures.
ASCE-CI Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction
The mission of the Journal is to serve as the technical reference and resource for construction lawyers engaged in public and private practice, as well as for design engineers, construction engineers, and executives responsible for successful project administration. The Journal provides thought-provoking discussions and insight into the legal relationships arising out of the changing nature of project delivery systems, dispute avoidance and resolution, sustainability concerns, and effective project execution. The Journal will focus on legal issues, aim to increase the attention given to legal systems during engineering and construction practice, and seek excellence in the application of legal resources for the success of engineering and construction projects.